See what we've done in the past! Library exhibits have featured a wide range of materials from faculty papers to crime broadsides to legal portraits.
Harvard Law School Faculty
Exhibits about the work of HLS faculty, which often coincide with when their papers become available to researchers.
- "Achievements of an Incessantly Inquiring Mind:" The Life and Teaching of Warren Abner Seavey
- Balancing the Truth: An Exhibit Honoring Professor Paul Freund in Celebration of the Opening of the Paul A. Freund Papers
- Beyond Cambridge: Two Centuries of Harvard Law School Faculty Work in and on Africa
- A Retrospective Exhibition Honoring Charles Hamilton Houston on the Grand Opening of the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice
- A Storied Legacy—Correspondence and Early Writings of Joseph Story
Harvard Law School History
Exhibits exploring the history of Harvard Law School, and the work of its students, and its alumni.
- The Harvard Law School and the Road to Brown: A Legacy of Justice on Display: New Exhibit Highlights Harvard Graduates’ Contributions in the Struggle for Racial Equality
- It Was a Dark and Stormy Semester... Portrayals of Harvard Law School in Literature
- Life Beyond the Law: Exploring Student Life Outside the Harvard Law School Classroom
- Women at HLS—60 Years of Transformation
Exploring the Collections
Take a peek at some of the discoveries that researchers and staff have made in the collection.
- Deep Cuts: The B-Side of Historical & Special Collections
- Dying Speeches & Bloody Murders: Crime Broadsides Collected by the Harvard Law School Library
- The Expected & Unexpected: Harvard Law School Library’s Special Collections
- Law Books in Fancy Dress—An Exhibit of Beautiful Bindings from the Harvard Law School Library's Historical & Special Collections
- Legal Portrait Project Online: An Exhibit of Legal Portraiture at the Harvard Law School Library
- One Text, Sixteen Manuscripts: Magna Carta at the Harvard Law School Library
- Provenance Detectives—Revealing the History of Six Library Artifacts
- Research Revealed—Six Scholars Explore Historical & Special Collections
- Spanning the Centuries: An Exhibit of Recent Acquisitions, 1579-1868
Law & ...
Explore the intersection of law with history, art, and other topics across the humanities and social sciences.
- Dred Scott v. Sanford: An exhibition to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of Dred Scott v. Sandford
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It—A Tale of True Crime
- History in Deed: Medieval Society & The Law in England, 1100-1600
- Pursuing Human Dignity: The Legacies of Nuremberg
- Ruhleben Internment Camp—A British Community in Wartime Germany
- Sundry Good and Needfull Ordinances: Food & Drink in the Harvard Law School Library
- What (Not) to Wear: Fashion and the Law
- “Where Mis’ry Moans”: Four Prison Reformers in 18th & 19th Century England